PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2019, 17:09
MikeAlpha320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed Freek:

Crew food is almost identical. Just as unhealthy and arguably less variety (LGW). I didn't eat it at easy and try not to at BA.

In Almost 3.5 years I had the oven u/s twice. Went into terminal and got hot food which we then charged back to the company.

Night stops weren't min rest LIN is currently 16 hours, INV 17 hours and MAD 16 hours (on lates) . Some long links in the summer but when they tried to pair RAK with INV it lasted about 2 weeks before people kept going fatigued and it got canned. Jersey night stop is paired with Marrakech and Tirana at BA. In summer landing about 0230.

Max FTL days were there in the summer but when you'd had too much you went fatigued and weren't bothered with ridiculous emails in response. After 2016 Balpa got significant alleviations at the planning stage to avoid max FTLs. I was there during the 'near walk out' and it was a horrendous summer. 17 was far better and from what I hear 18 was a similar story. I didn't do single days off, I didn't do 6 day blocks, when enough was enough I made the professional and legally correct decision to report fatigued. I wasn't interrogated about my commute, I wasn't told I had to bid for more days off, I wasn't told I shouldn't do things before work on lates. I wasn't told I was 'simply tired' and that it was 'hard to see what was fatiguing about my roster construction'.

People are leaving - check iBid rosters.

Why did they have to do a supplementary bid then? Why did the command go all the way to the bottom of seniority list? Hardly strikes me as a particularly popular position.

Post on yammer says several people failing to turn up for courses and lots of refusals. Had several friends refuse SH from ezy alone.

SH BA is a long way from EJ SH in my experience. I work far harder and get far more hassle for the privilege. Cant speak for LH but as my previous post states- I wouldn't join here for SH knowing what I know now.