PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2019, 16:19
speed freek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you at BA? were you a cadet?
it wasn't a personal attack on you but seeing as you've taken it that way yes I am at BA, I haven't been a cadet for many many years and when I were a lad my first flying job wasn't a shiny A320 with a loco. In other words I've done enough rubbish jobs for enough airlines long gone to know that what we have here is actually very good. You voiced your opinion. I've voiced mine.

If I was really 'Bad mouthing' them my posts would be far longer and would probably be removed by mods for my colourful language . Why is the best job legacy in your home country? I have plenty of friends working 4 on 4 off home every night at their regional base on part time contracts earning far more than I do in their loco, but I suppose BA is better because its a legacy, right?
We have worked for the same loco. I don't see unhealthy crew food here, max FTL days followed by min rest night stops in the airport Novotel using the hotel provided shuttle because the company is too tight to pay for crew transport followed by a day with an aircraft with a U/S oven so the crew food replacement is a pot noodle! If that's your experience of BA then I take it all back and those guys going to KLM are mad when they should be applying for easyJet Amsterdam, Transavia or Ryanair.

You are crazy if you can't see the decline in T&C's at BA.
I flew for easyJet long enough to see the carton of orange juice and the cakes taken away from the crew food, 2 hour early standbys removed and fatigue go up. Or have you forgotten about their near walk out a couple of years ago? Everywhere is in decline. Us, the sand pit, Lufthansa, Doctors, teachers, etc. It is the new norm.

People are leaving, back to where they came from.
Allegedly.

They are struggling to fill LGW commands.
No they're not. Feel free to ask those in the know.

They are getting SH offers refused left right and centre.
Allegedly. All I know is my position on the master seniority list continues to go up as a percentage.

It has got nothing to do with being fashionable and in all honesty I think you are just insulting those of us that actually go against the grain and don't pretend BA is this utopia that some love to pretend. Ill leave that to the centenary pin wearers
I think I'm the one against the grain on this thread actually trying to say it's quite nice here. Of course it's not perfect. Please find me the employer that is and I'll join you in applying.

In the mean time I have the opportunity to fly long haul for an airline making money and I'm in my home country. I'm a simple person. That makes me happy.