PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2019, 08:38
BuzzLightyear18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NWCoast
Weeeeeeell, according to the NPU - Union for the old "core" i.e. Scandinavia, which will now become the main focus again, as we were making money as other AOCs were loosing it; It was all suggestions, not demands. As such, they will not be accepted either, as we have our agreements.
I feel whole-heartedly for my european colleagues, hope that most will be able to accept a transfer to Scandi or the LH-division.
The only reason the other AOCs are losing money and not NAS is purely because of HQ in OSL putting NAS as priority. They have an inability to fix maint issues at a management level, particularly in Spain where NAI has most of its operation. They do not give the authority to NAI or NUK to fix these. They make dreadful decisions and then blame it on the other AOCs. Flight planning is a major problem - no emphasis is made on slot alleviation and that is all down to OSL and not BCN. (BCN do a fantastic job, but again OSL is in charge and and make pig headed and stubborn decisions).

The big problem is OSL HQ and their inability to change the status quo from when they were a small domestic carrier. They are making the whole airline go down. Give full separation to the AOCs and 3/4 of the problems will disappear in a few months.