PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHAIRMAN CUTTING A DEAL
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2019, 06:14
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenfoggo
Numero Crunchero- if there is a mass exodus from the HKAOA it will be the GC’s fault. By recommending a “Yes” vote they brought into stark reality for many the futility of being in a Union that simply acts as a conduit for the unrestricted imposition of Management policy. Quite simply there is no reason to be part of the Union which does not protect it’s Members.
Hey mate
in 2001 I was on the GC that recommended NO to the vote - that was pre rule 20.4 so the membership never got to vote on it. Over the next few years membership fell to 50%

So explain to me how the GC recommending Yes or No helps the situation?

Personally I think it is better for the membership to decide - that way no one can blame the GC for a Yes or No vote. Well, actually, many pilots don't like to take personal responsibility so I am sure they will sit back and blame everyone but themselves - and by everyone, clearly the NC, GC and DSS. Obviously CX has no part to play in this - if only we had a leader that said 'strike'- 100% of the members would literally walk off the job. Survey results suggest an ability to act far from this. If people can't be brave answering a survey what are they going to be like in real life?

So what do you want? Escalate? And what does that look like? We did escalate in 2001.

So yeah - rant and rave but please, do nothing, and then hold everyone else accountable for our misfortunes.