PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHAIRMAN CUTTING A DEAL
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2019, 00:59
Progress Wanchai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one disputes we are poorly lead. But I largely think the GC is an accurate cross section of the membership, which after all is who the union is.

Next time you’re at dispatch, look at the tables, the crews and their sign on time.
Look at the commuters and their W patterns.
Listen to the trainers/777 crew talk about their EFP.
Then ask yourself, should the phone ever ring putting you on a “golf day”, do you trust the above colleagues to comply? I wouldn’t trust them not to put any details of a “golf” day on Facebook.

kenfoggo, you’re right to question the purpose of being an AOA member, but it’s not solely due to a weak GC that has run out of ideas. It’s also due to a membership that values self before group.

In 99/00/01 this union was strong and united. Then a combination of company action and external factors conspired to weaken us to the point it took nearly a decade to recover. As you rightly point out, we are a weak union now. So I’m not sure how you expected the NC to pull a rabbit out of a rather battered hat. I’m sure we’ll vote this underwhelming offer down, then proudly declare that we’ve sent the company a clear message.
Then the trainers will keep training.
The commuters will keep commuting.
The 777 crew will continue to collect their EFP.
Crew will be at dispatch early with their iPads ready to go.
OCN’s will continue to be acknowledged.
And the wheels will keep on turning.
But hey, the members have shown backbone. They sent a resounding NO.

Last edited by Progress Wanchai; 18th Jan 2019 at 02:10.