PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL advice, full time or distance
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2019, 20:45
GoProPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys thanks for your reply,

AA5: I found the B1 modules tough but passed all first time inc essays, I did work so very hard though, no social life etc, new grey hairs formed! you know what I mean haha. I was full time in the class though, two years part 147 course.. I dont think id have first time passes learning that stuff distance, I mean mod 4

I dont know how much money ill really save, its £2300 + 1600 (est) for accom and food,fuel for the faffing about revision days. so essentially £4k too.

I have no idea what notes FTA use and if they use BGS question bank because it seems everyone who does gets good results... I dont wana pay £4k to shoreham for some poor notes and weird question bank and then have to double the amount of work by downloading BGS question bank too.

PS, I know bit of effort but what order of difficulty did you find the exams? I've managed to get hold of a set of Oxford ATPL PDFs and going to start brushing through them to get an idea. I guess after M15, engines should be fairly easy atleast!

Has anyone done full time distance ground school and in less than 6 months?

PACO: sound advice, i'm pretty disciplined but equally drained after sitting 17 EASA B1s