PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2019, 08:29
Jumbo2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug E Style

I don’t know about people going back to Jet2 but at least three Airbus skippers left last year to go to Jet2. I suspect where they live played a part in the decision but at least one hated the prevailing atmosphere.
That and with the bubble they where in at BA, having been part of the take-over a few years back, they were never going to be happy at BA. Some were promised a LBA base by Jet2 before they signed. However when the inkt on the contract was dry they were based in NCL.

I'm Shorthaul myself and coming from an airline different then EasyJet a few years back, I don't find BA SH that harsh. Maybe that was because I did my homework before I joined or maybe was it because with my previous airline the roster was not worth the paper it was written on (in the summer at the end of the month looking back at the given roster 89% of the rostered duties were completely different duties/flights compared to the original roster given) and with the BA rosters I manage to have a life outside work. During the JSS trail runs I was shocked by the rosters it produced, however now it has gone live it ain't that bad (pretty good actually). Looking at some of the junior ibid rosters they look very similar, if not better, as what I had when I was that junior. Some of the swap comments in iBid do make me laugh though. Being in the bottom 20% of the list complaining that you didn't get every weekend off (only 1). Maybe that has more to do with expectation management then JSS or a generation thing; I want it all and I want it now!!

Last edited by Jumbo2; 17th Jan 2019 at 08:39.