PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2019, 08:13
Doug E Style

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Pudding

Apologise for posting in advance. I don’t and never have worked for BA, but have daily read this thread for the last few years.

Divide and conquer, I’m alright jack. If it does not effect me, I’ll ignore it. BA and easyJet management must be loving reading this thread. I used to work for Shell Aviation at Manchester Airport as a refueller. Many many years ago, the money earning potential for those guys was unreal. Then they offered the Shell guys a mega pay rise as long as they allowed a new rate in for new joiners, like a 2-3 tier pay scale. When the new joiners outnumbered the Shell guys, the Shell guys were made redundant and the work was contracted out to ASIG. Yes you now see them all over LHR and LGW.

BALPA is only as strong as its members. It all depends on how many I’m alright Jacks you have for anything to change or the number of staff leaving outstrips the number arriving and required. Why you would want to leave easyJet to go to BA I often wonder. You even have several pay scales for your cabin crew, again I’m alright Jack. Divide and conquer.

I once jump seated a flight many years ago before I gained my license. It was with Britannia and was just before they starting painting their aircraft a lighter shade of blue thomson.co.uk. I asked the Captain was he sad to lose the old name and colour scheme. His reply was he did not give a sh@t as longer as his terms and conditions don’t change. I’ll never forget it. Is flying for BA really any better than flying for easyJet in terms of pay, terms and conditions and base options. I even hear BA staff leaving to return to Jet2.

MikeAlpha320 is the best post I’ve read on here for ages and hits the nail on the head.

Good luck to all at BA. About time you backed BALPA and grew some.

I don’t know about people going back to Jet2 but at least three Airbus skippers left last year to go to Jet2. I suspect where they live played a part in the decision but at least one hated the prevailing atmosphere.