PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You go left, I’ll go right....
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2019, 16:12
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
In a place far from home many years ago flying Chinooks very close to the Cambodian border where there were lots of folks who objected to our presence....I had a chance encounter with another Chinook flown by the guy who shared my room.

Weather was typical Monsoon style for early morning....fog beginning to lift to almost as high as the tall rubber trees in the plantations and we were carrying internal loads as underslung work just wasn't possible.

All the dirt roads in the area had been Rome Plow'ed and all the trees and sizable brush had been cleared for a hundred. meters or so on each side of the roads as an anti-ambush precaution.

As I went roaring around a curve in the road....at max chat....in a. nearly vertical bank to the left....completely unannounced from the opposite direction comes my buddy doing exactly the same thing going the opposite direction.

He pulled a bit tighter....I slacked off a bit....and as we passed by and when I I could finally get my voice to work again.....I asked him what I had done that he would not wave to me as he passed by.

His reply was such it would violate the rules of the forum....as he failed to see my sense of humor being very funny at the time.

I understand now the wisdom of the Red Ball Express concept of one way roads!

That was one of my Nine Lives gone!