PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Checklist Questions
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2019, 10:40
Flo121142

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RUMBEAR
As other posters point out I don’t think Airbus really care of the actual word used in many situations. ( aside from those specially published in the FCOM )Park Brake “set” or “On” conveys the meaning equally. If an Airline wishes to have a more specific response then they can publish it.

This is very similar to FMA callouts. Airbus say we must callout all mode changes. However what words do we use, LOC or LOCALIZER ? ALT STAR or ALT CAPTURE, CLB ( pronounced CLIB ) or CLIMB.? The reality is we must callout out to ensure common understanding of the current guidance modes, the exact words have secondary importance.
Concerning FMA Callouts, there can be indeed misunderstandings. In the beginning of my career while working in Asia, I pronounced G/S* "Gee S Star"...I was quite surprised when the Captain put the gear down at this stage, until I figured out that he somehow misunderstood my "Gee S Star" as Gear down...thereafter I changed my callout to the long version "Glide Slope Star" (I still use "Loc Star" though as there is no potential for misunderstanding here). However the FCOM is not very clear on how FMA changed should actually be announced.