PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi 163
Thread: Saudi 163
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2019, 13:34
bcgallacher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320ECAM
Hey team.

Does anyone know where I can read the official report for this horrific tragedy?

And there is a very old thread on here regarding this accident. The last post in that thread asks about whether it was true that the Saudi Royal Family's aircraft was moving at the airport and the Saudi flight, whilst on fire, was either put into a holding pattern before landing or told to hold on the ground until the Saudi RF's aircraft took off. Any truth in this?
The official Saudi report is not an accurate account of the accident but the story about the royal flight is untrue. I was slightly involved with the aircraft after the accident,I visited it several times usually to remove serviceable parts for AOG situations, I also transported a fire investigator from I believe Lloyd’s and his account certainly differed from the official account. The bbc subsequently did a programme debunking the report with hard fact - the fire was caused by hydraulic fluid spraying as a leak on a shorted generator cable. A claim tha Skydrol hydraulic fluid is non flammable is only true if there is no continuous source of heat. The crews actions were absolutely incompetent and to make matters worse about 6 fire appliances were rolled en route to the aircraft. To give an adequate description of the whole event would require more time than I have available - these are some basic facts.