PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Drone Zones
Thread: No Drone Zones
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2019, 10:41
Fliegenmong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"A mandatory strict liability offence with the onus of proof reversed for anyone even found to possess a drone let alone fly one. Ten years jail. We can do it with firearms we can do it with drones. furthermore no flying over private property without the owners written permission."

Or to put that another way.....you should be working for CASA Sunny!!....Lol....you sound just like them!!!!!!

I know of a guy who has been flying Model RC aircraft around a fairly large Australian regional centre (pop. 500 000+?) since the 1950's....or was control line aircraft way back then....but RC for at least the last 30 yrs...now I have not looked....BUT....how many model RC aircraft have caused hull losses in Aust. Aviation?...in the last 10 yrs....20....30...40......, Vs how many Bird strikes?

It's Australia...we're conditioned by both sides of Gummint to accept knee jerk reactions to anything! ....(Law of unintended consequences often is a result)....but never mind...regulate and tax the living pleasure out of ANYTHING...goes for GA through to ....well pretty much anything...

Let's face it....we're a country (I'm born & bred Australian!)...we're a country that spawns 'Bogans'...that think Ned Kelly was a hero....that cover themselves in tats and get involved in criminal bikie gangs....we have a lot of idiots that do not contribute to society as a whole.....and thumb their noses at our 'rools'....you can read about them all day everyday....a large percentage of our fellow countrymen are d**kheads...fact...regrettably...

Now....all these Drones operate on the 2.4GHz frequency....requiring dual path technology (as far as I understand it)...very very very reliable.....but able to be 'Blocked'. Simply set up 2.4 GHz 'Blockers' around areas you do not want Drones....

No issue worrying about airborne drones losing control and plummeting to Earth as the blockers are activated (Sky is falling Chicken Little!) ....the blockers a permanently on and drones cannot even lift off!!!...so they never get airborne!....but that would stop any perceived threat whatsoever....and it's not about that really is it?....It's about using good ole' Ozzie CASA 'we know best'....& rather than eliminating a real or perceived threat, you get to fine someone!...anyone....AWESOME!

Simple cheap technology exists to stop this stuff dead in it's tracks....but that won't be done....why?....hmmm....why?.....it's certainly NOT expensive...think a lock box on a public infrastructure asset such as a stop light control box or similar...easily done.....batteries changed once a week and the cost passed on to the consumer! (Travelling Public)...& when has anyone ever cared about passing the cost onto the travelling public??

You know it makes sense...it eliminates a perceived threat that is very very very low extraordinarily low......far lower than a pelican strike....