PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carlisle-2
Thread: Carlisle-2
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2019, 07:25
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nighthawk117
Carlisle does indeed have approach lights, they were built a few months after the runway was opened to traffic.
The runway at Carlisle has quite a large displaced threshold, which reduces the usable runway length quite considerably. I'm not sure that it can physically accommodate a 737/A319 with the current displaced threshold - certainly not with any kind of meaningful load. Even if it could - the planning permission contained a restriction limiting aircraft type to "ATR72/Avro RJ100 or similar". That would need to be overturned before a 737 can operate from CAX.

I did indeed find it interesting that they mentioned they'd offered Easyjet a similar deal. They also mentioned they were talking to a few airlines about flights to Spain. A blatant lie, or does the left hand not know what the right is doing? It seems they are trying to sell something they legally cannot deliver. Either that or just lying to the community to try and get them on side...

I'm not sure what you mean by "As for Loganair , they do t seem to operate like other airlines " - can you elaborate on this?
Just that Loganair seem to start new routes not necessarily at the traditional times iof year but are also , Having seen a few routes stopped , don't hang on to non viable routes for long .
Hence the situation at MME being a Shame, that might have worked had it been s flight to EDI or Gla, with onward travel to the rest of their Network ..

Sorry I'm not fully up on terminology , what is a ' Displaced threshold ', but I take it they could operate the A220 , as that has great short field performance ( when the locos start buying them ) , also the Embraer E jets.
Having seen plenty of flight videos both landing and taking ofc they don't use a lot of Runway , and I take it they would fall Into the RJ100 range given that it's a dying breed .