PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Cause my little voice told me.....
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2019, 00:54
Pilot DAR

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
'Cause my little voice told me.....

My whole life as a pilot, I've thought that I had a little voice looking after me. I can't say it kept me entirely out of trouble, but on many occasions, I can recall making the better decision, just 'cause my little voice told me to. That very slight whisp of balance of a decision one could make... I believe that when I sense the whisp of a little voice, I should listen - do the thing which may not be the most obvious or convenient, it'll work out better....

Today, with lots of fuel, and an endlessly clear day, I knew I could make one more stop at another airport before heading home. It was a beautiful day for flying. But my little voice said "no, just go home now.". I flew home. I landed, and felt quite a swing upon touchdown, near full rudder to keep it straight. I stopped at the proper place along my runway, but the plane would not turn around to backtrack to my tiedown. Hmmm... Aha, flat tire! . Well, it was a walk back to my hangar to get my ATV, and a bottle of air, but at least my flat was at my home runway, instead of away! Listening to my little voice had assured that the problem I had, I had at home, after my flight, not at a stop on my way home! I filled it up from the bottle, and it held air enough to taxi to my tiedown, I'll take the wheel off tomorrow and figure out how, after a nice day of flying, with three stops, it went flat all of a sudden.

In the mean time, thank you little voice!