PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Syndicate members - is it worth it?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2019, 18:47
aaandrogerthat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LeadSled
Folks,
As a general observation, syndicates seem to be FAR more successful in NZ than AU. I am not certain what that says about national characteristics, if anything.
While I am aware of several syndicates in AU that have been around for quite a while, in more cases than I can count, friends have "un-friended" each other and it is always about money --- and one or more "members" getting a perception that somebody else is getting more than their monies worth --- so they stop paying their fixed charges, and it is all downhill from there.
I think that, in AU, you are better off doing a deal with a private owner --- and make very certain the insurance includes you, with non-recourse clauses as required --- you will often see ads. in the Aviation Trader.
Tootle pip!!
Things are no different in NZ, probably more than 50% of syndicates turn sour. I agree with doing a deal with an owner, it's often a win-win. But just remember, look after the plane as if it's your own and clean it when you're finished. There's nothing more frustrating than helping out a friend/associate/acquaintance with a cheap hourly rate and have your plane returned filthy