PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carlisle-2
Thread: Carlisle-2
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2019, 17:13
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loganair

Well it's looking doubtful , one would have thought that bookings would need to start being taken.
That said the sudden addition of a Jersey route at HUY at random , and the out of usual timing of releasing timetables and bookings for the sadly short lived MME where at short notice .
It's possible, but still makes me laugh how that Stobart ' manager ' , ( Had Stobart Air ID ) told us that they'd offered , easyJet the sane deal they'd offered at Southend ( Eg free ).
Maybe he was unaware of the planning restrictions unless they plan to alter it .
But as for filling one when they can't even get Loganair to start makes me think he'd been smoking something .
Especially his next remark " we are talking to another Irish Carrier ", and others .
Well the runway might be long enough , it has not got the Nav aids has it? And last time I was there taking progress photos of the runway , I looked to the other side of the lane against the end of the runway furthest from the Tower and no sign. Of approach lights( unless I missed them ).
I think it would be a real kick in the teeth for Cumbria , as it does have potential to bring in inbound tourism via Southend .
( Quicker than rail but again. Still a long way from the lakes ).
Would they have better upgrading Walney ? At least that is on the edge of the lakes .
I find it odd they use Carlisle ' lake District' Airport as the name .
As for Loganair , they do t seem to operate like other airlines so your as well burning a fiver rather than placing a bet on flights this year !.