PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durham Tees Valley-7
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2019, 14:35
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stobart..

I recall the Stobart manager at CAX proudly and quite happy to tell us they had offered easyJet the sane deal as they did to entice them to Southend , t
( No fees ).
Though I did think the idea of ab easyJet 319 , I do know you can get a 320 in there as the Vulcan could use the old main runway and it's the same length as Vagaries.
But it Won't! Be seeing easyJet.
However MME, perhaps if Stobart do rescue it and do the same there might just entice easyJet to base one or two Aircraft there .
But then would it really work when Loganair couldn't make it work , or was that because they laid on the same route as was already present .
Perhaps if it had been Inverness or Stanstead( for example, or Edinburgh) it might have kept them .
And would if the Airport closes that all coveted route that KLM operate goto another Peel Airport , Eg DSA, ( I thought they'd tried LPL but hadn't stayed ).
Either way they cannot allow it to close , history shows us, that Airport can make money , folk would argue , yes but it's been NCL , LBA and an ever busier DSA But apart from. The latter those other airports where present before , and just as busy.
It does seem odd, that Peel let it go as far down as it did . Unless it was the land they wanted from the start .