PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taylor Titch
Thread: Taylor Titch
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2019, 12:24
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Amphetamines

John Taylor had a significant amount of amphetamines in his bloodstream iirc. You could get them over the counter in those days to calm your nerves. I saw him wheeling the prototype along the cycle track on the arterial road. The southend standard carried a photo.
I nearly bought a monoplane which was at killkenny having been restored by JJ. Immaculate except the new owner had sabotaged it to stop anyone flying it. A brit who introduced himself as a Methodist, ex hunters and finished on 747s. Couldn't handle it and panicked on his first and only go at flying it.
What put me off is someone had changed the angle of attack on the tail plane which left the elevator controls with a catching feeling and a "helpful" microlight instructor who hammered the plugs with a screwdriver in between the electrodes; a sure recipe for a piece of insulation to stick in the exhaust valve.
Have flown lots of sensitive aircraft but the most difficult are flapped gliders with an aft c of g..if you cant get your hands on a good microlight then do a bit of gliding which will teach you coordination.