PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Handling the DC ESS Bus Fault A320
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2019, 09:33
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I had the failure around 800 feet during the approach; Went around, engaged AP2 and shortly after levelling off and about to enter the hold, I gave the control to the FO which initiated the Ecam action immediately. So we recovered the communication pretty fast as we had agreed how to handle it before the LOE started. After the sim session I asked the TRE what was his opinion about the way I handle the failure, and he told me that's how they expect us to deal with this failure as they prefer that both pilots can monitor ATC communication. Another set of the crew decided to do exactly as the TAP video. But the Fo got confused and did not set ACP 3 correctly and the captain has to help resulting in quite a long time without communication. That's another reason also I rather deal with the ECAM myself as I'm quite familiar with this failure. I was with a new FO in the sim.. And I know how lost I was the first time I had that failure in the sim. xD. It's not complicated actually assuming we fully understand the consequences of this failure.