PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2019, 10:23
adfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lolo

I know what is happening to Southampton's biggest airline is hitting the headlines at the moment but I thought I'd take a look into the current schedule for Lolo flights, it is as below:

Mon - Kefalonia/Corfu then Kefalonia/Kalamata in Sept
Tues - Skiathos
Weds - No flights
Thurs - Tivat/Pristina
Fri - Skiathos
Sat - Murica/Dubrovnik/Kos (overnight)
Sun - Bourgas/Almeria

Overall, it is a lot more realistic schedule than previously but there are of course a number of concerns:

-Have they sourced an aircraft yet?
-Why is the SOU website only mentioning and selling 8 destinations (No Almeria, Kos or Pristina) through it's direct travel booking engine compared to the 11 that are bookable on the Lolo site?
-The generally very positive reviews from customers using the Skiathos flights last year have been knocked back a bit by some recent negative ones due to last minute cancelled flights, which will not help the company's reputation especially as a small operator. Their use of the generic 'because Brexit' for cancelling the Glasgow-Tenerife flight is also a very weak excuse, and I say this as someone who is very much a remainer!
-Their website really needs an update, there is lots of outdated information on there and flights to the old Murcia San Javier airport are still bookable, albeit with inflated prices to put people off trying to book (how hard can it be to simply remove it from the booking engine?)

It would be great to see this work, but I am becoming increasingly cynical that it won't of they don't source an aircraft soon and start advertising more heavily. I hope we don't end up with another Powdair.