PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2019, 02:55
Sunliner81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much money is paying VNA for your coments?
Nothing, I no longer work there.

Nobody is crying here, just warning other colleages about the risks to left an stable job in another airline for another that could be not safe at all, yes, specially for FO's SFO'S and even Captains, and this is for all fleets, because the corruption there is a fact.
Leaving any job in a stable airline for a contract job in Asia carries some risk. I agree with you that for FOs, it is a poor choice for career progression. Disagree with you for Captains who want to remain on the A321.

corruption there is a fact.
Its Vietnam, what do you expect? Corrupt or not corrupt, they pay you to fly, and if you fly correctly, you do not hear from them. Life was good for me and my buddies.

i had many SFO's friends who were fired
They were not fired. They had their contracts terminated due to surplus requirements (i.e. cheaper local pilots and P2F fools) in accordance with the contracts that they signed. Like I said before, coming here as an FO carries alot of risk. But they signed the contract...

they put the trust on VNA
Very foolish.

Same as all those other colleagues who were fired with no reasons
Never heard of any expat CAPTAIN who has been fired for no reason. Some have been fired for screwing up, which happens in every airline.

but don't tell me that VNA is a good place to trust... After 15 years flying there, and as i always say, if you have no job, ok, but if you are flying for any other company, don't even think about VNA, the best thing, stay away.
I didn't say that you can trust VNA. I'm saying it can be a good job if you already a Captain, want to remain on the A321 and enjoy the Vietnamese lifestyle for 6 weeks at a time.