PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2019, 00:24
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Well then don't be the guy that lands on the wrong runway or goes off the side of it. YOU can still be a safe captain here, if other people want to fly to a different standard, then that's their problem not yours. Sh!t is still going to happen occasionally because of the uniquely difficult and dangerous environment that we're in here, especially during rainy season, but honestly I have always found the safety management guys to be fair and decent when dealing with minor *** ups, as long as you made the captain report and didn't try to hide it. If you have a major major **** up that hits the headlines or writes off a jet, sure, you'll probably be gone, same with ALL airlines

Don't be the guy who pays money under the table. Despite your never ending claims to the contrary, you DON'T have to pay a single cent under the table money for anything here including the upgrade, IF they respect you and want to keep you around.

If they don't like you, and they don't particularly care if you stay or go, and if they think you have a weak personality and can be squeezed, and especially if they know you're already screwing your colleagues by paying the roster girls for nice roster, and ESPECIALLY if they know you constantly insult them and call them "monkeys" behind their back when you think they're not listening, then maybe they're gonna play money games with you at upgrade time. I wouldn't know

With regard to the 60 days notice, yep, just like every other contract job. If you get a better offer halfway through your 5 year contract, you, too, can give them 60 days notice and walk away with no penalty. And most people do.

With regard to the JPA Hanoi pilots, 1) it's JPA not VNA, and 2) I am 99% sure that most of them got given the offer to relocate to HCM and continue their employment. Maybe she didn't take that offer for personal reasons, maybe they didn't make her that offer for reasons of their own? I don't know the person. Every airline in the world opens and closes a base sometimes, and makes people redundant, Cathay did it not so long ago.

This place has some issues, but seriously for most people, the crap you keep talking about - 60 days notice period, under-the-table money, failing the upgrade interview - they are NOT problems that affect the majority of pilots here. Just a few guys. For some strange reason. I wonder why