PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Jan 2019, 06:34
casablanca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingOW

My colleague had stated that FOs made $8-10K per month net (more if you consider ISP contribution) to which the next poster alluded to having to fly 110 hours a month to make. The reality is that an FO only needs to fly 50 hours to get an $8K paychek .FACT.

Keep that up for a year and include allowances and you have NETTED 100K on 50hrs a month avg. (600 for the year). With free accommodation, medical and a reasonable education allowance.

OW

PS. AFAIK FOs at Regionals make upto $60K year 1 in the US. That is pretty much industry standard. Take out state and federal and your 401K contributions and you have $4K a month. Maybe even less (depends on the state). That’s Less than half of what an FO takes home here.
60,000 Dollars...really that has went up! I made 35000 as a Captain based in Jfk with American Eagle in the late 90s. I have flown with first officers here in Qatar, that have noooo life apparently, share accommodation etc, obviously no girlfriend, but say that were putting 100,000 savings in the bank every year. Im a captain and have to borrow money from my mom about the 23rd of every month to buy groceries( but hey Im married)

Last edited by casablanca; 11th Jan 2019 at 06:42. Reason: additional comment