PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What have you seen?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2019, 05:31
andy148

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ok tin foil hat on.... In 2006 i was conducting a hand over patrol while in a certain hot spot, we were the out going team being reassigned and the incoming team were being taken on a familierisation patrol so they could get to know the Area of Operations. While we were waiting to go out, a large fire fight broke out in the local town between the police and insurgents. This delayed the patrol from leaving as new plans were drawn up to support the police. While we were waiting to leave i was playing with the thermal imager (looks like a large set of ruggedised binoculars), adjusting the contrast etc to account for the local conditions. While moving it around something caught my eye in the sky, i looked up and saw what i can only describe as a low flying aircraft (no higher than 5000ft) in the shape of what i can only describe as an F-117. Except it had around 4-6 rectangular hot spots that showed up white (imager was set to white hot) around the outer parts of the fuselage. This thing was silent, not a single sound heard on the ground. By the time i'd given the imager to someone else it was just a glowing dot going away from us. To this day i have no idea what it was, or who it was.