PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasons for a NO vote
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2019, 13:52
tiredofstupidity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This offer does not indicate that the company are even remotely concerned about the TB. We don’t have leverage. It’s the illusion of leverage. All the grandstanding big talk here and on the AOA forums demonstrates a complete lack of reasoning ability.

It’s false logic to assume that what HAS NOT worked in the last few years is somehow going to work now. Assuming that because the company wants to get rid of the TB means it’s cripplign them is naive. They haven’t needed to grow the last couple of years while they “transform” . Saving all that money they would have had to pay if TA16 passed suits them fine I’m sure.

Now we we are entering a period where the company not only desires to grow, but might have real opportunity to grow with some extra slots available due trouble across the road. So we reject this offer but don’t change our industrial approach. The company has 1600 HKPA increases worth of money budgeted for, which can now be used exclusively to circumvent the almighty training ban.

Signing bonus? Training pay increase? Guaranteed leave at either Xmas or school holidays? Contract trainers (yes it’s possible)? Increased FOCs? Higher priority on staff travel? Parking spots? Guaranteed pick of trips? Bases? That’s just off the top of my head. Peace is option a for the company. But they’ll fight if they have to. Are we ready?

As a bit of an aside I’m dismayed at the glee some of the more dimwitted amongst you seem to have at hurting the company. The long term profitability and success of Cathay Pacific is really good for job security. Also good for negotiations when the company is taking in billions. And please for the love of god spare me the idiotic conspiracy theories.

In summary. Let’s vote NO and the take it up a notch. A NO and “holding the line” is going to lead to absolute heartbreak.