PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I don't know what to do!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2019, 22:00
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do like to err on the side of caution so I think seeking help and not needing it is better than not seeking help and ending up needing it. Not only does this benefit you (the person) but also your colleagues and passengers *wink!* However, I don't know anything at all how this would affect anything, but again, if you were a captain, would you be comfortable with the guy in the RHS who just hand-waves away seeking mental help?

As for the OP, even if you are not suicidal, have you had a talk with a professional? While they may not be able to help you with your pilot questions, I am sure they will be able to help you in other areas such as your conflict between the environment and your desire to fly big fuel guzzlers. At the very least, they can help clear your mind or be a sound board of your ideas and concerns. I agree that a dark period will likely clear, but I also know that seeking help will either make the dark period end quicker or make the dark period not as dark.... or do both! If talking/writing here is helping you, just imagine how a trained professional can help! Good luck!