PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 9th Jan 2019, 20:35
Ralphi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi DropYS, I agree Commute is a good choice with the growth and I would rate at well above mesa, go jet, trans states (bottom of the barrel these three). The top Regional in industry conditions has been Endeavour for a while now, but that choice has never been available to E3s and the backlog is now very long even if it were. (after this the list would be Republic, Skywest ... again no E3s on the table with these two).

It's horses for courses it really depends on the match people want. I'm at Piedmont and i liked the immediate travel benefits covering LAX - SYD and also the paid salary which you can double dip on. This is because training is backed up at Piedmont (PDT by the way) and they will give you the ok to keep flying in your old job after you are on payroll. Top group of people here are great support offered through training. I have heard mostly good things about Commute also.

I double dipped with for several months after indoc and before Systems by continuing to instruct in Oz. With the trips to and from the US all covered to do this. (not even tax to pay)

I'm also a referral benefits addict and I have always split this fifty-fifty with anyone who comes to be a Piedmonster like me. (so half of $5000 after tax for PDT on top of the either $16200 or $21200 or $44000 USD you get depending on experience)

Cheers Ralphi