PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ppl to EASA conversion
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2019, 12:14
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's probably not the news you wanted to hear, but you're not the only one who has to deal with a massive uncertainty as to what's going to happen after March 29th.

I've got a UK-issued EASA PPL but live and fly in the Netherlands. Is my license going to be valid after March 29th for flight on a PH-reg? Nobody knows.

If I start the SOLI process today to transfer my license to the Dutch KIWA, will the UK CAA be quick enough so that the process is finished by March 29th? The previous time I did anything remotely complex with the UK CAA, it took me nine months (!) to get everything sorted. And that was before they got swamped with Brexit-related stuff.

And I haven't even started talking about my professional life. If I'm going to the UK to do a job (happens 6-12 times a year), do I need a visa after March 29th? A work permit? How is invoicing going to work? VAT? Will the UK remain in the Single European Payment Area or do we need to do a complicated bank transfer? There's no way anyone can tell, but I already have appointments for April (actually April 1st) in my agenda.

I don't want to start another Brexit thread, but we've got some interesting times ahead.