PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2019, 04:15
Cool banana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The latest communique from the HKA CEO,

[QUOTE]Letter sent on behalf of our Chairman)

Dear colleagues,

There have been many vicious attacks on Hong Kong Airlines lately. The groundless speculations about Hong Kong Airlines ceasing operation and applying for liquidation from companies like Blue Cross, travel agents and media are untrue and we reserve the right to take legal action against those who deliberately create these rumors.

Hong Kong Airlines has built its success from the hard work that our staff have put in over the years. We have been and are still operating normally. While we have tasted the fruits of our people, we must continue to stay united as a team in times of unprecedented challenges and focus on delivering our best customer service.

Each and every Hong Kong Airlines staff is all heart and cares for the company. Many of you have defended the airline rigorously when approached with difficult questions from people in your network and your efforts are greatly appreciated. As we try our best to address the pressing issues, I strongly urge our staff to remain calm and refrain from making comments on public domains. We must continue to adhere by our brand values and remain professional in the eyes of the public.

I appreciate that many of you worked very hard over the Christmas and New Year holidays. You have united families and also brought festive cheer to many holidaymakers who flew with us during the peak travel season. Between 22 December 2018 and 1 January 2019, Hong Kong Airlines operated more than 1,200 flights and carried over 240,000 passengers. For the coming Chinese New Year holidays, we are expected to operate close to 1,080 flights and fly more than 224,000 passengers between 1 and 10 February 2019. Let’s continue to work as a team and create many memorable experiences for our customers heading home for reunion or spending quality time together as a family during this important Chinese holiday.

I would also like to share with you that Hong Kong Airlines has been named by OAG as the most punctual airline in Asia Pacific and third most punctual in the world for 2018. We have maintained this accolade because of the ongoing efforts and collaborative teamwork led by our operations team. Congratulations and well done to everyone involved.

Let me reiterate once again that Hong Kong Airlines is here to stay. We are proud to be one of Hong Kong’s home carriers and remain committed to sustaining our long term growth. To do that, we must continue to work hard and stay united as one team in the face of adversity. Stay tough and keep our heads high so that we can achieve greater success for Hong Kong Airlines.

Sincerely,

Hou Wei
Chairman

[/QUOTE

where there's smoke, there's fire