PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does logbook data count toward requirements for airlines?
Old 9th Jan 2019, 01:58
zondaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I’m sure. I have dealt with dozens of foreigners doing license conversions to FAA. I have also converted my FAA certificate to another country. Accepting flight time from a foreign country has never been an issue.
Reference FAR 61.51. The FARs are very black and white. There is a reference to foreign license of foreign aircraft registration. There is no limitation on this except that the aircraft must be registered in an ICAO member state.

(j)Aircraft requirements for logging flight time. For a person to log flight time, the time must be acquired in an aircraftthat is identified as an aircraftunder § 61.5(b), and is -

(1) An aircraft of U.S. registry with either a standard or special airworthiness certificate;

(2) An aircraft of foreign registry with an airworthiness certificate that is approved by the aviation authority of a foreign country that is a Member State to the Convention on International Civil Aviation Organization;