PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA again
Thread: EASA again
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2019, 20:13
cessnapete

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EASA again

Adding to the complete licensing shambles often seen here, the same is happening with GA avionics approval.
I note AOPA US are promoting tutorials on the GFC 500/600 retrofit autopilots fitted now to scores of Cessna singles and 208 turboprop, Piper,Mooney and Beech singles and twins.
I’m waiting to fit this possible life saving equipment to my G reg Cessna. The FAA STC for my G reg model Cessna is over two years old with over a hundred fitted and being safely flown in USA. More safely in fact with the ESP function a standard mode.
Latest I am led to believe from local avionics shop,for EASA approval, now mid 2019 at earliest. Lack of staff, incompetence, a requirement to rewrite the FAA STC before application, with of course huge fees, all leading to at least a doubling of USA installation costs in Europe.
What is there for EASA to check with a proven safety case in USA? The STC comes with drawings for my model Cessna with minor differences for individual aircraft only required.

I then then visit my local airfield and find in the avionics shop a UK based N Reg Cessna identical to mine, with GFC500 already fitted ready for testing, what a farce we endure under EASA.

Last edited by cessnapete; 8th Jan 2019 at 20:42.