PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No-frills kangaroo ready to hop
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2003, 03:29
Gnadenburg

Received 97 Likes on 42 Posts
Keg

It has always been important to me that QF pilots keep their conditions. It affects the international market in a number of ways- 1) Don't want a proportion of QF drivers seeking bucks on the international market and 2) Foreign airlines survey the conditions of pilots in reputable airlines such as QF to play the market.

I shake my head at the short sighted nature of some of these contributors aswell- handles such as the Roo Rooter etc- who will only be done over themselves eventually.

Advantages Continued

11) State Government payroll concessions etc with the 200 pilots and 100 middle management locally based leading the charge.

12) A slow boxing of the ACTU into a corner which will eventually result in the knockout punch! " But you did this for Virgin Blue and conceded here". Will probably only work with an arms length approach from mainline. As a ruthless CEO I would play on the heart strings of Combert and state this an opportunity for displaced and former airline employees-AN/KD etc.

The knockout punch will be a slow but eventual alignment of QF employees to the market VB and the New Zealanders creating.

As a prophecy, we through professional foolishness, only a few years ahead of what will be dished upon the "lazy and overpaid" baggage handlers.

Rambo

The 707 beckons!