PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2019, 13:12
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by intheblue
Would someone explain junior the difference between a local contract vs an agency aka confair? You seem to know more about this company then the ones working for it. I leave you to it, I’ve got better things to do
happy new year everyone!
So you think I don't know anything about Wizz?

If you are on 6/4 roster, you want 10 days leave, you get 10 DAYS LEAVE only, even if 4 of these days already are OFF days.
In normal good company, you should get 10 days off, when using 6 leave days in such a roster pattern.

Few years ago hundreds of pilots was employed in Wizz by paying xx.xxx amounts of Euros, to get into the flight deck, both Captains and FOs

I know about Confair contracts, local contracts etc and the Contractor contracts.
I know how crews in Romania was fired when they tried to start a union, and Wizz was forced to employ them again, only for people to spread rumors that these crews was unsafe to work with.

I know how Wizz nearly crashed a A320, when inbound Sofia in 2016 and they retracted the Flaps by mistake.

I know of the case when a Wizz was positioning an empty A320, with only Cabin Crew onboard, and some IDIOT Captain tried to check some protections or flight maneuvers in the cruise, and the Cabin Crew went flying in the ceiling of the aircraft, and afterwards tried to blackmail the Captain for money, all ended with the whole flight deck and cabin crew getting fired.

I know how Wizz call people on their OFF days, constantly disturbing people in their rest time, and how they wipe AIMS if you have to position before a flight, and it can impact on your flight time limitations.

The Confair contracts when analysed are not worth the paper they are written on, at least the ones I saw was not even legally correct.

I know a lot more about Wizz than most the people working there now does. Specially interesting when some ex Air force Greek Captain tries to take off with a little ice / snow on the wings, and the FO has to stop him.

Of course no fatigue program, I guess fatigue is not an issue with Wizz? Or are people to afraid in case management will call them in for a meeting?

Enjoy your soggy sandwich, and don't forget to bring your own coffee.