Old 8th Jan 2019, 12:18
  #3 (permalink)  
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 4,596
Agree with DB6. It's the UK CAA who will be issuing your license in any case, regardless of whether that's an EASA or UK National license. But whatever it is, it will be valid for flight worldwide on G-reg aircraft. The only issue - hardly relevant in your case at the moment - is whether your license, without further paperwork, is also going to be valid on aircraft registered in other EU states (PH-, F-, D-, OO- and so forth).

If Scotland decides to have another referendum, leaves the UK and joins the EU as a new member state, then the situation is totally different however. If the UK indeed has left EASA by then, you would then have to convert your UK CAA National PPL to an EASA PPL issued by the Scottish CAA. But if that ever happens, it's going to be years in the future.

Last edited by BackPacker; 8th Jan 2019 at 17:01.
BackPacker is offline