PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Post PPL(H) Advice
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2019, 10:51
tqmatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am glad I am not alone with this mind filling thought.

This time last year, I was fresh in the receipt of my ATPL(H) Theory passes and awaiting a class 1 pass, which was delayed due to a previous medical condition.

Then the whole world collapsed around me, I found myself out of work, our latest child was born and sleepless nights started, ma very close family member was diagnosed with cancer, severe depression hit another member of our family - it really was a testing time.

I was fortunate enough to have some temporary work with a local operator on the ops side of life, but gave me some non-revenue flying and kept me sane for a while, but then life took over and I was needed at home.

I am glad to say that 2019 has started in a little better light, everything is on the up - but now I am scratching my head - yes I have put time & investment into hour building & ATPL theory, but is that THE route for me? In this uncertain Brexit era, and slow industry times do I REALLY want to invest a FURTHER £30k+ in order to get my "professional" licence, or do I take up PPL flying as an expensive hobby, or do I can it all together and take up gliding or similar, I am truly stuck.