PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2019, 13:33
LantauWiseman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mothy1583
I was having dinner tonight and the manager of the restaurant - local HK guy - knowing I'm a pilot, asked if buying tickets on HKA was a good idea. If people think an airline is in trouble and won't be around to fly them on their holiday, then they won't book flights and it becomes a self - fulfilling prophecy Regardless of the realities. HKA have to walk a fine line of selling confidence in their business without looking like they're trying too hard or bullsh**ing the public. Considering the top brass are jumping ship, finding the right front man might not be easy. Good luck to them.
Well, it does seem they are trying a bit too hard with this litigation threat, but from a consumer confidence standpoint, I suppose HKA is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they don't react aggressively to rumours of bankruptcy, people may well stop flying on HKA. But making such threats in an attempt to silence discussion is not necessarily better, since it could backfire by making people wonder even more about HKA.