PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 years old, dream career is an Airline Pilot.
Old 7th Jan 2019, 13:04
PA28161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Omlaaay
So, I'm a 14 year old girl in England and my absolute dream job is to be an Airline Pilot. I'm currently doing my GCSE's, however I am doing them a year early and I am on target for A's and B's.
I'd love to be an Airline Pilot and I'd work my ass off to get there, I want it SO much.
I know it costs an absolute bomb to train and there are so little jobs at the minute, but who knows what it could be like in 10 years time?

Does anyone have any advice for me as a wannabe Airline Pilot?
Thank you.
Keep the dream alive and don't give up. Work hard at school and get the best grades you can both in GCSE's and 'A' levels but as other's have said always have a plan 'B'
My son did the modular route to his ATPL's and got a job with a major British airline within six months of completing his training. They paid for his type rating on the A320/A321.
Most of the airlines are anxious to recruit more women in an effort to redress the skewed male to female percentage ratio of 90:10 percent respectively
Good luck !!