PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 6th Jan 2019, 20:47
LostWanderer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by umop apisdn
Not correct. The real reason will hopefully stay off of here.

Mesa is the bottom of the barrel. The only reason people go there is for he United guaranteed interview. That allows them to keep recruiting and not put the wages up.
To clarify, this is in regards to SKW from first part of above post - If the real reason(s) is what I have heard, which I have absolutely no way of confirming other than what I heard from other guys at SKW and resulted in numerous terminations for Aussie folk...It might be good if it was on here to dissuade people from doing and trying it in the future. I'm not SKW so won't comment.

As for Mesa, absolutely agree with all comments...not a good place to be, I've met a couple of guys who went there and thought "How bad could it really be" they told me all stories are mostly true and "It was awful" and bailed to Republic, SKW, Endeavour etc...so make of it what you will.

More importantly though, whispers are the contracts for a major number of E-jets/CRJs is coming up very soon and most likely won't be renewed and be moved to Express Jet and other regionals so who knows what effect that will have on new hires, it would reduce Mesas flying dramatically. Will they keep hiring to the last minute in hopes it works out and send the junior guys home if they do lose the contract? Wouldn't shock me on bit.

Moral of the story, tread carefully with Mesa at the moment.

Last edited by LostWanderer; 6th Jan 2019 at 21:35.