PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2019, 01:24
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by SW1

you do know China had a block on Malaysian and South African passport holders back in 2015? So that point is moot.

suggest you slink away to the Cathay dragon threads
I thought we are talking about HKG? Have certain pilot nationalities been embargoed? I'm sure I've worked with the nationalities mentioned well before 2015 !

Perhaps you've drifted the topic to our north and China an interesting scenario. With a number of incidents culminating in the broken 737 at MNL, the CAAC is not only racially profiling pilot applications it wants 400 contract commands from certain nationalities gone evidently. I was unfairly abused above, as a deluded pilot, worried about masses of cheap and poorly trained pilots, threatening a suggested position of "white privilege" ( despite many non-whites being on a similar contract ) - but it seems the CAAC has institutionalised the accusation levelled at me of delusion and arrogance.

How can I slink away to Cathay threads only? This thread has desperate pleas for joint labour representation whilst my colleagues on threads below inform potential CX/KA new joiners their new contract is not sustainable? All the while HKE/ HKA have pilots on a similar lowly COS. From the outside you blokes have left a pile of rubble, a significantly lower benchmark contract for HKG pilots and proof it's sustainable and welcomed? Perhaps this is unfair and you are all fighting hard, constrained by circumstances, but make no mistake, we are intertwined, probably the victims of limited collusion between management who see pilots as commodities. But I will not slink away, as how quickly I can be replaced by cheaper pilots is undeniably a concern, and my company will see a failing HKA as a dispenser for D and E scale contracts in HKG.