PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Blast From The Past!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2019, 16:55
inmate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Another Sass

Happy New Year Sass, and everybody else.
You must have a double somewhere.
In 1969 I was doing by PPL at Bristol & Wessex and wandering around the airport stumbled on a small hangar and as "inquiring minds wanted to know" looked inside. Much to my suprize was a very well looked after 206 which I found out from the pilot was owned by the electrical company for the SW, he like you gave me the cooks tour and although this didn't cement my change over a few years later it did stick in my mind as a nice gesture on his part. Many more chapters to the book came after that encounter but I always remembered his patience and encouragement which I have tried to emulate along the way.
My LB's are a mess over the years from Desert sand to Jungle mold, but I added a few comments along the way which makes for at least an outline of "the life and times of a Nomad of the Aviation World" I do remember a less than enthusiastic member of the CAA at Star House on the Strand (that dates me) making comment about my LB's yet on the other side of the pond the FAA spent more time looking at the photos and comments, the final chapter hasn't been written yet but the old pen is running out of ink.