PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet Future
Thread: Vistajet Future
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2019, 16:32
Daddy Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Netjets

Originally Posted by EatMyShorts!
Yes, rosters at Netjets are rock-solid. If you do not agree to extend or show a day early (for extra-$$$) then you just don't that and they will look for someone else on the fleet. In this sense we are the "airline amongst business jet operators". I personally would not go for another business jet operator outside Netjets, I'd swallow the bitter pill of going back to the airlines, if I had to leave. Exception: find a great private owner who genuinely takes care of his crew: then you get good money and you make your own roster, you pick your own hotels etc.. There are not too many around and you mainly get those jobs through connections.

At the moment I would NOT change company, the next economic downturn is around the corner and quite a few operators/airliners will not survive it.
On the flip side of that coin look what NJ did to their flight crews after 2008 crash, it was not pretty and hiring stagnated for years. In saying that I would rather be at NJ than Vistajet and if I could get a corporate job (PIC or very quick upgrade) with good pay and a 5 on 5 off schedule for example I would leave my airline job in a heartbeat.

I dont really care about equipment and the latest glass cockpit etc but if I did go corporate I would want something no smaller than a Challenger 300/604/605 etc. Dont want a mickey mouse phenom 100 after flying on jets all above 40 up to 93 tons.

Vistajet I think will either have to make some radical changes or find themselves in a lot of trouble.