PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carlisle-2
Thread: Carlisle-2
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2019, 12:30
nighthawk117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeygd
The airport was open on Friday, perhaps you passed by too quickly to see any movements.
I took a tour of the airport a few months back. Here's a few photos I took from the airport:

New control tower. I've never heard this mentioned anywhere, and it certainly wasn't in the original plans, but they've built a new control tower on top of the terminal. The current plan is to get operations up and running first, then later this year switch from the old to new control tower.

"VIP" lounge. There's a door to the left when you enter the terminal, labelled "VIP Lounge" or similar. Currently this is a large space, with sofas in one corner (pictured), plus a seating area for presentations. This area might be re-structured, as its proving popular for doing presentations and events.

I'm sure this should say "Delayed - Spring 2019" :-P

Departure gate and waiting area, taken from security. Security area is about the same size as the departure area. All very small, but designed more so that you wait pre-security, then clear security right as its time to board, then straight on the plane.

Immigration desk, and baggage belt.

It's all very small and compact, but for the amount of flights planned, its more than adequate. The VIP lounge looks nice, I hope this is open for all passengers, it seems more than large enough, and is more like a hotel lobby than anything else. I dont think Loganair offer business class, do they? Otherwise passengers will be asked to wait in the cafe area, which is rather basic.

The terminal is already accepting flights... as we were getting the tour, this king air arrived, en-route to Wick.