PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2019, 11:44
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
This issue of cabin luggage IS all of the airlines problem and is all their own doing - They now reap what they sewed by allowing in the first place 10-15 or so years ago the concept of cabin baggage only - take what you like and you don't have to pay blah blah blah for hold luggage

Joe P is not too blame here --- only the greed of the airlines trying to make a fast buck on charges and saving on ground handling - That greed now causes delays (shot themselves in the foot there lol) stress and problems to both the pax ground staff and crews onboard playing pass the bloody parcel of bags around the cabin and back into the hold etc
NOT IN MY DAY!

sorry no sympathies - The airlines created the monster
Glad it's not just me who thinks cabin baggage and all the controversy/issues that go with it is self-inflicted by the airlines. And to be honest, when the application of the rules is inconsistent depending what airport you use or who is on duty, it's not hard to understand why there are passengers who take the piss or will continue to "try it on" for as long as they can get away with it.

All that said, I do have sympathy for crew. They didn't write the luggage policies and regularly have to deal with the issue of lack of space on board for luggage and particularly if ground colleagues in the airport aren't helping by waiving the policy rules (be it intentionally or improperly/inconsistently enforcing the policy) when they have other things to worry about to ensure an on time departure. Having been on Flybe aircraft, I can fully understand why the sizes are what they are, even if it's confusing/frustrating because it's different to other airlines.