PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair "Intern" offer
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2019, 10:48
old,not bold

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Ryanair "Intern" offer

While trawling for something else, I came across an advert placed by Ryanair which at first sight seems to be (a) deeply cynical exploitation and (b) against the law in UK. But maybe I just don't understand, and I have always had a very high opinion of Ryanair's maintenance standards after a period spent supplying Pt 145 line maintenance to them. Stripping the ad of the corporate boasting, BS and so on, here are the bare bones (yes, I know it's giving Ryanair free advertising!). Pay is not mentioned and I am suspecting therefore that there isn't any.

All comment welcome; from where I sit, someone with those qualifications, fulfilling all the tasks listed, especially those near the bottom, should be on a starting salary of about £30K minimum. Do you agree/disagree? Is this just a wonderful opportunity, and my cynicism is misplaced?

" Ryanair is currently recruiting for an Intern to assist​ in our Training department in Stansted. "

"The desired candidate;
  • Third year student of a bachelor’s degree in Aviation/Aerospace Engineering or a similar discipline
  • A keen interest in pursuing a career in the aviation industry
  • The ability to work without constant supervision in a fast pace environment, work as part of a team, multitask and think outside the box are essential
  • Close attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines
  • Excellent communications and written skills
  • Excellent IT/Software knowledge – Microsoft Office suite
Duties include;
  • Maintain Training registers for PAML training department;
  • Responsible for the archiving of all PAML training records;
  • Creation and Issuance of PAML Certificates
  • Register training courses
  • Take attendance bookings
  • Creation and Issuance of PAML Employee Training Records
  • Consolidating training data for management review.
  • Ensuring that the technical training requirements of the business are supported in a structured and timely manner, in conjunction with any additional training requirements specified by Management.
  • Training Projects will include the creation of documents/work instructions, research of training material, and creation and preparation of lesson plans
  • May be required to travel to other sites (maximum 3 times per year)
  • Understands business end-to-end processes and participates in production verification and validation.
  • Maintains the status of project responsibilities and works across teams to achieve group goals."