PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2019, 08:28
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by PushRed
Sorry but what the hell are you talking about? Surely you must be joking. Read again the above and try to keep a straight face. So your saying that high salary pilots = high standard pilots?! Ive never heard more tosh in all my life. You refer to those on lower conditions to your own as the great unwashed from the third world coming to erode your colonial anglo/strayan whitebread male dinosaur of an airline. You're clearly deluded and you're arrogance is frightening.

You seem angry. So let's work through it slowly.

I did not say high salary=high standard pilots. You said that. I said there's a stress to high standards that cheap pilots don't always like. I'll give you an example. Your airline has a lot more low cost pilots from low cost developing world carriers than KA and CX. Why? Racism? No, they'll take anyone from anywhere as contracts deteriorate.

Why wouldn't these pilots not have opted for higher paying jobs? I mean if you're going to bunk-bed it in Tung Chung, with other colleagues to send money back home, why not go for the incumbents paying near double? You've hit the nail on the head- the colonial check and training system is feared. That's my point about the defence against pilots willing to work for very little may be with high standards. You can disagree with this but I believe I've got another 5 years because of it and I wish standards could go much higher - for longer term protection.

The most important safety feature of any airline operation is a well-trained, highly experienced and qualified professional pilot. And the best way to attract and retain these pilots is to pay them competitive wages and offer a solid career progression.
from ALPA " Attracting the Brightest and the Best "

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 4th Jan 2019 at 08:42.