PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2019, 08:06
AviatorDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hid3
I tried to join Wizz Cadet programe at BAA Training this past autumn. During their presentation, I was shocked to hear they (Wizz) stated that skills and COMPASS test results of the candidates in this room are nearly useless for them because they look mainly at the person and his motivation. Reason for that is that they fly only Airbus and these are computer driven - the pilot does very little.

So why low experienced Captains flying with low experienced FO's should be a problem at all when Airbus can do "all the needful" itself from factory? Besides, it's getting smarter and smarter with each firmware upgrade!

I'm not in aviation business but my views and imagination on this matter were totally the opposite. If a person can't get a good scoreon a really simple COMPASS test at the very beginning, it's a very big question if he'll be really good at his work in that sphere. You need very technical and talented people to do the stuff right and safe. But... If Wizz officials present such ideas during their company introduction, then means it's the strategy they're living in
A lot more shocking to me is their management’s idea that Airbus essentially flies itself. The usual conclusion is that all you need to operate these miracles of modern technology would be a bunch of purely procedurally trained, cheap button-pushing monkeys that are given strict SOPs.

How does that fit together with an allegedly above average training standard that got reported here?