PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barbados 2019
Thread: Barbados 2019
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2019, 08:03
Mew Gull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ebbie.
I was in Barbados earlier last year (March 2018) and hired the Flying Clubs 172 and an instructor for a couple of jollies around the Island with friends, great fun.

I am now spending more time in Barbados and I have been in conversation with the Barbados Flying club regarding hiring their 172 to fly to other Islands, but they tell me I must have an instructor with me, even if I have passed the check ride, had my license validated by the Barbados CAA and joined the club after the committee have processed my application to join! With the intention of taking my wife and two children on the inter island trips, taking an instructor along would not work.

I am very interested to hear about your PA28. I have both a UK license and a US one (on the back of the UK one). I fly regularly in the UK and Europe and own a Grumman AA5 and a RV7. I did own a PA28 Archer 3 for many years.

If I wished to hire your PA28, would it be a case of meeting up the next time I am around, do a check ride and fit in around your schedule? It would be great to create an ongoing plane relationship.
It would also be great to meet up the next time I am in Barbados to chat about flying out there. Beers on me.

Any advise would be appreciated.