PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Drone Zones
Thread: No Drone Zones
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2019, 03:18
Eclan

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by kimbobimbo
You know what ****s me to tears? I live in Perth and the shark patrol helicopter literally flys 100’ down the coast ‘looking for sharks’! What a load of crap, I’ve done spotting for an actual job and I can tell you 1000’ to 1500’ is best for spotting. 500’ and below and everything happens too quick. I also own a drone and guess what? I like to fly near the beach! Well what a bloody surprise that is!
When I see these bloody cowboy helicopter pilots at dot feet it makes my blood boil, you CANNOT see a shark at 150’ doing 80kts. Impossible. BUT I will try and get my drone out of your way with the 2 seconds I have 🤷🏼*♂️ My drone will hit you one day and apparently it will be MY fault? That’s bull****. Those pilots that fly responsibly will be just fine I’m sure, but the others better keep a sharp eye out! I’m not going to feel bad when your scenic flight at 150’ get in my drones way.
What "****s me to tears" is the plethora of idiots flying their drones in crowded public places with their cameras going, recording everything and getting in everyone's faces. The beach is just one example. These things are becoming a scourge on society. Every halfwit has one and apparently has the right to inflict it on society, including getting in the way of air traffic. It's up there with how camera phones are in every aspect of society, permanently linked to Instagram or whatever, posting everything that happens. Ban them all. The world will be slightly better off for it.