PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fifty Years On: Viscount Crash At Indee Station
Old 4th Jan 2019, 03:14
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oggers
Leadsled
I would like to read that advice but cannot find it in the Inspector's report...
Oggers,
As best I recall, it was about Vol.5 of the report, but it is a long time ago (I was working in UK at the time -- concrete, not aeroplanes, in those days) came out long after early volumes, as much as five years after the early reports, and hardly to a trumpet fanfare.
It was a volume largely of references, evidential sources and the like, I am not even certain, now, that they were labeled 1, 2 etc. What I remember, very clearly, was my colonial skepticism of the alleged superiority of British engineering, based on my personal experience in the concrete construction business ---- long before I knew anything about the long series of debacles in aeronautical matters. Hence my interest in what Boeing had to say, in the early design stages of the Comet 1.
When I wrote to the then "Editor" of Flight, (John Ramsden?) asking why they had not reported it--- no reply.
Tootle pip!!