PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why...?
Thread: Why...?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2019, 01:20
Avinthenews

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STW,

What's your opinion regarding lifestyle control?

Should we be able to control it? And I mean properly like other carriers, I don't mean not working I mean doing the 84/900 they want but doing with some control, each of us being able to swap, drop, pickup, and several other mechanisms to build a roster that allows birthdays, graduations, family events etc and even commuting. I've seen bidlines with other carriers that are fantastic, even the person on the lowest seniority number with no choice can immediately go to open time and construct a roster with better lifestyle control than us.

Are you aware of what other airlines crews can do to control their life? CX seen to think money is the answer, people only want more money so they can leave earlier or waste the money trying to make up for lack of lifestyle, because there is no lifestyle control, perhaps if you're on the 777 and living with W's and overtime life seems great but the thing is, it's still crap compared to first world rostering.

CXs obsession with control is what the problem is.

Have these negotiations shown CX to be giving any lifestyle control? Seems they have even more mechanisms to control us.

Taking the deal and accepting a continuation of no lifestyle control isn't acceptable.